Battery Chargers / Converters
- Available with output ratings from 20 to 80 amps
- Field programmable to properly charge Lead-Acid, Gel-Cell, or AGM Batteries
- Micro-Processor Controlled Four-Stage Charging System provides rapid recharge and long battery life
- Four-Stage Charging System- patented Microprocessor constantly monitors battery voltage and automatically selects one of the four charging modes; BOOST, NORMAL, STORAGE or EQUALIZE.
- 3 Diode Isolated Outputs- allows the converter/charger to charge three separate banks of batteries. Each output is capable of handling the full rated current of the charger.
- Patented Reverse Battery Protection- prevents converter/charger from being damaged if the batteries are accidentally connected to the charger in reverse.
- Over Voltage Protection- prevents high voltage spikes from damaging the converter/charger.
- Electronic Current Limiting- limits the output current to the maximum rating of the charger to prevent overheating and damage caused by shorts or excessive loads.
- Intelligent Cooling Fan- only runs as fast as required to maintain a more constant operating temperature inside the converter/charger. This feature reduces thermal stress caused by fans that cycle on and off.
- Regulated Output Voltage- prevents AC Line voltage variations from being transmitted to the batteries and 12 volt circuits.
- Automatic Over-Temperature Shutdown- prevents converter/charger damage in the event the fan is unable to cool the charger due to inadequate compartment ventilation.
- Series or Parallel Connection- Inteli-Power Converter/Chargers can be connected in series to provide a combination 12/24 Volt system, or in parallel to provide more current.
Digital Meter | Programmable in the Field | Built-In Self Test
PD2100 Series Specifications Table
|Number of Battery Banks||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Maximum Continuous DC Output Current - Available on each output||20-AMPS||30-AMPS||40-AMPS||50-AMPS||60-AMPS||80-AMPS|
|Maximum Continuous Input Power||350 WATTS||550 WATTS||650 WATTS||900 WATTS||1,000 WATTS||1,300 WATTS|
|DC Output Voltage (Normal)||13.9 VDC||13.9 VDC||13.9 VDC||13.9 VDC||13.9 VDC||13.9 VDC|
|DC Output Voltage (Boost)||14.4 VDC||14.4 VDC||14.4 VDC||14.4 VDC||14.4 VDC||14.4 VDC|
|DC Output Voltage (Storage)||13.3 VDC||13.3 VDC||13.3 VDC||13.3 VDC||13.3 VDC||13.3 VDC|
|Full Load Output Voltage (Normal)||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC||> 12.6 VDC|
|Input Voltage||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC||105 - 130 VAC|
|Input Voltage Frequency||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ||50-60 HZ|
|Peak Inrush Current||32-AMPS||32-AMPS||32-AMPS||47-AMPS||47-AMPS||80-AMPS|
|Efficiency (Typical)||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%||> 80%|
|Reverse Battery Protection||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Electronic Current Limiting||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Over Voltage Protection||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Electronic Fan Control *||ON/OFF||ON/OFF||ON/OFF||ON/OFF||ON/OFF||ON/OFF|
|Back Up Thermal Protection||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Storage Temperature||-20C to +80C||-20C to +80C||-20C to +80C||-20C to +80C||-20C to +80C||-20C to +80C|
|Operating Temperature||-10C to +50C||-10C to +50C||-10C to +50C||-10C to +50C||-10C to +50C||-10C to +50C|
|Hipot Voltage Test||<-------------- 1240 V @ INPUT TERMINALS ------------>|
|Onboard CHARGE WIZARD With Automatic 4-Mode Charging||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Weight||5.7 LBS.||5.8 LBS.||5.9 LBS.||6.3 LBS.||6.4 LBS.||9.2 LBS.|
|Dimensions||10.9"L X 7.8"W X 4.2"H||10.9"L X 7.8"W X 4.2"H||10.9"L X 7.8"W X 4.2"H||10.9"L X 7.8"W X 4.2"H||10.9"L X 7.8"W X 4.2"H||15.2"L X 7.8"W X 4.2"H|
|Marine UL & c UL Listed||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
* Fan controlled by temperature sensor normally operates only during high load or high ambient temperature conditions. All output voltages are +/- 0.3 VDC and specified for lead acid type batteries. All voltages are 0.4 VDC lower for gel type batteries.